product and other stakeholders in the company in order to design the optimal solution to the challenges our company faces.
The VP R&D is responsible for the entire development lifecycle of our main product backend and infrastructure. Our core R&D develops the
entire business logic layer, the application ETL infrastructure and other application infra components that are required in order fulfill our
extremely ambitious goals of providing consumers with first-of-its-kind solution for the real estate market.
The group does that by developing a set of different services using a diverse set of tools and programming languages in order to utilize the
right tool for the right job and service.
The ideal candidate for this should be a dedicated, self motivated team player with passion for technology and also have the will to
understand and contribute to product and business decisions. The candidate should have a strong background
as a developer and technical manager who worked on complex applications with emphasis on backend applications and infrastructure.
This role is located in Tel Aviv, and reporting directly to our CTO.
· Lead our core R&D organization - engineers, BI, QA & DevOps teams, both in Tel Aviv and Kiev.
· Solve challenging problems in a fast-paced and evolving environment while maintaining uncompromising quality
· Lead by example, and make the people around you better
· Passionate about code and hands-on approach
· Design and develop end-to-end high quality features
· Enhance the team's devops capabilities
Main backend technology stack:
· Node.js (with Typescript)
· The Clojure programming language
· PostgresQL + PostGiS
· Production environment on AWS
· Services architecture with services deployment and management using Kubernetes
· CI/CD using CircleCI
· 8+ years of proven experience developing large scale software using an object oriented or a functional language - a must
· 4+ years of managerial experience in at least 2 different positions
· 2+ years of managing a development group comprised of several teams
· Ability to design and develop complex components independently, dealing with advanced architectural issues - a must
· Good Knowledge of web application architecture - a must
· High level English - a must
· B.Sc. degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent - an advantage
· Experience in functional programming - an advantage
· Experience with GIS - an advantage