• B.Sc. or equivalent hands-on years of experience in Computer Science/Engineering
• 3+ years of hands-on commercial-grade software development
• Experience implementing a data lake architecture
• Extensive experience in databases for handling and integrating large-scale datasets and data science technologies for structured and un
• Experience in implementing ‘real-time’ (milliseconds) queries on large datasets.
• Hands-on experience in cloud-based (AWS preferred) platform development with Datalakes, Dockers, Kubernetes, MapReduce, RDS
• Experience with implanting ETL systems
• Best practices in version control (Github, CodeCommit), documentation and in dev-stage-prodenvironments
• Agile/SCRUM and Kanban development
• Ability to propose, scope and carry out independently end-to-end software development projects, including best practice in QA/QC.
• Demonstrated impact via the development of novel computational platforms and the adoption of new technologies
• Experience in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry – an advantage
• Dev-Ops experience in performance and cost optimization – an advantage
• A team player in a multidisciplinary environment
• Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong collaborative skills, professionalism and long term commitment