What you’ll do:
- Design, plan and build all aspects of the platform’s data pipelines and backend components.
- Be proud of what you do.
- Take leadership and pursue the best, state-of-the-art solutions, within the dynamic requirements and timelines.
- Take E2E ownership of all aspects of the development cycle. From choosing the needed tech stack, to create the best dev experience and up to fully own production.
- Be goal and data oriented. Always strive to make decisions based on data.
- Be minded for quality and efficiency - invest time, when needed, in order to run better and faster.
- Focus on continuous growth and improvement, in every aspect (personal, products, processes, tools, skills, etc.).
- As a vital member of the engineering team, be part of defining and building the team’s culture and agenda.
- Mentor engineers to develop new skills and grow professionally.
Who you are:
- You are talented, passionate about building the best product there is, while being a core member in driving and shaping the engineering culture.
- You have a track record developing SaaS products and data-driven pipelines (on AWS or a cloud provider alike), working on production environments with live customers (at least 5 years).
- You have extensive hands-on experience with cloud technologies designing, developing, and maintaining large-scale, distributed, data-driven production.
- Your software design skills are solid. You have experience with solving complex product needs with simple software architecture.
- You have experience with software engineering best practices and keen for automation (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, CI/CD, etc.).
- You have a deep understanding of big / distributed data concepts and experience in related tech stacks (like Spark, Airflow, SQL and NoSQL databases, DataLake, etc.)
- You have experience in building and designing ML/AI driven production infrastructures and pipelines - both runtime and training – a big advantage.
- You are experienced with at least one of the following programming languages: Python (big advantage), Scala, Kotlin, Go.
- You are tech-savvy, yet business-oriented. You are thrilled by solving customer’s pain points.
- You are responsible and have good self-management skills. You know to estimate effort, manage your time, and work in a predictive manner with high accountability, end to end.
- You hold an “a get-things-done” approach.
- You possess a can-do attitude. When tackling a problem, you think about how to solve it, before explaining why it’s complicated.
- You have strong communication and teamwork skills. You are able to share knowledge with colleagues and other team members, while open to others’ ideas.
- You have strong leadership and interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively toward a common goal.
- You are comfortable working in an agile, dynamic, fast-paced working environment.