Manage the group of HW engineers responsible for the overall maintenance and new development of the company’s H/W & mechanical products, including the new next-generation product line.
Reports to the V.P. R&D
Responsible for the overall design ,verification, mass production readiness and field corrective actions of the entire H/W products.
Supervise PCB layout and DFM.
Works closely and coordinate the activities with Industrial designers and mechanical engineers with conjunction to the H/W design.
Works closely with an outsource RF engineers/ Antenna design vendors, having the ability to challenge the technical RF discipline.
Assist with regulation (e.g. CE/FCC) certifications, environmental testing and ATE development.
Works closely with Engineering on the NPI process including the establishment of the production files (e.g.documents, BOMs)
Working with Project Managers and Team Leaders on projects planning.
Work with the required 3rd party related contractors and rest of the R&D teams , Engineering & Operations.
· At least 12 years experience of proven record of a sole leadership and technical hands on expertise, Including 5 years or more as Team leader and HW
· B.Sc. or higher degree in Electrical Engineering from known university.
· Proven experience in developing a complete HW product cycle (from idea to mass production) – Essential.
· Excellent Digital and Analog expertise , good RF understanding in the ISM band – Essential.
· Knowledge with FCC and CE standard requirements , Environmental testing – Essential.
· Experience with design to test and design to manufacturing – Essential (good manufacturing understanding, ATE , etc.)
· Experience in design into compact and advance plastic packaging and mechanical engineering management – Essential.
· Proven experience in products which manufactured in high volumes, “consumer like” product - Advantage
· Understanding Antenna systems, GPS and location technologies (indoor and outdoor), cellular technology - advantage