This position is multifaceted requiring strong analytical abilities, strong attention to detail with ability to understand and visualize the big picture and executive needs. Day-to-day operations include managing the financial matters of the company including all affiliates and activities in Israel, Europe and the US, financial planning & analytics, and financial oversight.
We offer a versatile, energetic, and collaborative work atmosphere. If you are comfortable with ambiguity, a rapidly changing environment, and a very hands-on approach and have vision on how to manage and develop financial planning and operations, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Management of day-to-day financial matters of the company: accounts payable, payroll, cash flow, FP&A, as well as banking transactions and management of external bookkeepers
- Working with the company’s COO:
- Prepare company’s monthly financial updates to the BOD, as well as quarterly and annual financial statements and tax filings, including interaction with external auditors
- Prepare and track the company’s budget, including reports and financial analysis for management
- Prepare and manage other aspects of financial planning and operations e.g. tax evaluations, insurance policies
- Develop and implement financial control policies
- Support company’s vendor negotiations and management e.g. obtain and maintain financial benchmarks, financial oversight
Full time position; flexible schedule (requires calls with Europe and North America).
May require occasional travel to Europe/US
- Certified Public Accountant
- Graduate of one of the big 4 accounting firms
- 3+ years of working experience as assistant controller / controller in the finance department (of a NASDAQ traded company/ global environment – advantage)
- Experience in working in a US GAAP / IFRS environment - must
- Experience in pharma / biotech / medical device companies - advantage
- Excellent English (written and spoken, including ability to produce documents without external editing) - must
- Exceptional skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint a must.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively conceptualize, visualize and convey financial matters to financial and non-financial executives
- Familiarity and comfort working with, adopting and setting up various financial systems and programs
- Ability to work at multiple levels – strategic and detailed - and navigate between them effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (technical skills as well as big picture)
- Attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, drive and motivation
- Fast-paced, high-capacity, versatile and energetic with demonstrated ability to manage multiple parallel assignments effectively
- Proven ability to work in ambiguous environments and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment
- Hands-on, independent and flexible
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills