The Solution Engineering Director – Israel and East Europe will provide leadership and guidance to the Israel & East presales team in support of sales business. In this role, the SE Director will be managing a team of sales engineers dispersed across the Israel, Turkey, Czech, Poland and Russia. The Manager will act as a coach and mentor in all aspects of the Technical Sales process and execute on established quotas for the region. This role will lead a team of security sales engineers focused on new client acquisition and revenue growth within existing clients. This position also requires delivery of presentations. The Sales Engineer Director will report to and take direction from the VP, Solution Engineers, EMEA.
- Coach and develop an assigned team of SEs, providing performance management, development planning and technical & presentation training.
- Ensure the alignment with Sales team on strategy and proactive activities to meet and exceed revenue quotas.
- Execute technical sales strategies to develop new customers as well as grow existing customers
- Manage workload of teammates by ensuring adequate client coverage in all situations
- Acts as the point of escalation for the team, providing necessary guidance on issues that might arise.
- Respond to requests from both internal and external customers/clients
- Attend meetings with Sales Team, SE Management Team and Account Executives to strengthen relationships and identify incremental business opportunities
- Responsible for communication of key issues, programs and strategies to VP of SEs and Product Management
- Take direction from VP of SE's and executive management (as needed) on tactics and strategy for the Israel and East Engineering Group in general, and individual SE'S as required
- Communicate all competitive information gained and report trends to/from the field
- Become a subject matter expert on the Portfolio
- Plan, organize and direct the activities of the Presales team.
- Attract, develop, and retain high-performing SEs.
Requirements and Skills:
- 5 or more years of experience working as a Solution Engineer (or other similar titles, such as Sales Engineer, Pre-Sales Engineer, Pre-Sales Consultant, Sales Consultant, or Solution Consultant, or Solution Engineer)
- 1-3 years successful track record of working with and managing a team of Sales Engineers.
- Experience in managing international team with remote team members
- Successful track record and experience selling Enterprise-class software solutions with deal sizes greater than $250,000.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams to deliver exceptional results and ability to achieve results through others is critical
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills to all roles, ranging from IT to C-Level executives
- Drive for action plans, ownership and results
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams to deliver exceptional results and ability to achieve results through others is critical.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, ideally in Engineering, IT, or Business.
- Experience selling Identity or Privileged Access Security software solutions
- Experience designing, implementing and selling using Value-based or Solution-based sales process
- Experience implementing or managing training programs
- Experience implementing or managing competitive analysis programs