We are looking for a Director of Product, reporting to the CPO, who is both hands-on and technical yet also user and design oriented. A born leader that can think strategically and also be pragmatic and tactical. You should have a proven record in working with world class engineering and design teams on consumer facing products preferably involving media, search, recommendations and travel.
your responsibilities will include:
• Building a comprehensive, cohesive strategy and roadmap for the overall user experience of our native Apps and Website and how this user experience empowers users to explore all the interesting differences between people, places and cultures around the world
• Taking the lead on optimizing, shaping and refining our product offering.
• Developing and optimizing our product offering in line with our underlying technology
• Quickly identify new market opportunities within media and travel and innovate on new format types and new ways of telling stories and exploring differences.
• Understanding and deeply caring about customer needs
• Ensuring our product stays ahead of and leads the curve.
• Liaising with the editorial, social media and commercial teams, allowing them to influence and optimise the product in line with the needs of all sides of the business.
• Collaborating with the engineering team in Tel Aviv and London to determine the best technical implementation methods.
• Working with our design team on creating an elegant and beautiful UI across our product range.
• Being responsible for timely, efficient delivery and handle releases.
• Driving innovation on all levels across our product range.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors or post-graduate degree in Computer Science or similar technical field.
• 5-10 years end-to-end product management experience with consumer facing front-end products involving media, travel, search, recommendation or personalisation.
• Significant people and organizational management skills. A natural leader and mentor.
• Proven track record of working with product designers to make world class user experiences that delight users.
• Extensive experience in senior stakeholder management
• Substantial experience with product management for both native Apps and responsive mobile-first Websites
• Experience working in Agile/scrum (Certified Scrum Master or Certified Product Owner nice to have).
• The ability to flourish in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting and drive new initiatives.
• Hands-on software development experience (as engineer, designer or product manager), or at least a proven ability to engage deeply with data.
• Ability to produce comprehensive strategy which helps guide and prioritize the work of the Tech team
• Excellent analytical skills, paired with experience in using analytics software.
• Experience working in start-ups and within performance-driven work cultures.
• Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams across content, social media, commercial, design and high tech.
• Strong sense of ownership, paired with great interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team setting.
• Substantial full product life-cycle experience, from conceptualization through to optimization (e.g A/B testing)
• Experience working closely with SEO teams. (Basic knowledge of SEO also required)
• Verbal and written English as good as mother's tongue.