• Automate, build, maintain, and test deployment scripts and tools to enable continuous deployment
• Interface (participate in design) with development teams to understand code changes, assess risk and ensure best practices for operational tasks.
• Ensure proper monitoring implementation and provide solutions to ensure 100% production site up time.
• Participate in on-call rotation duties for emergency operations and provide technical support on critical production issues.
• Build and maintain environments for development and testing.
Skills and Experience:
This is a hands-on position which will require the following capabilities:
• 5+ years of system administration experience in a distributed Unix/Linux (SL) environment.
• 3+ years of heavy scripting and/or application development in Python or Ruby; prior experience with Java or other JVM-based languages.
• Hands-on experience building deployment pipelines.
• Knowledge in virtualization design, implementation, troubleshooting, high availability, performance tuning of virtual development environments (VMWare).
• Firm grasp of core operating system concepts (processes, threading, memory management, filesystem types, ACLs).
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and major protocols.
• Solid understanding of tiered security concepts (network, OS, application).
• Experience with relational databases (MySQL experience a plus).
• Experience with configuration management, build and deployment tools (Chef, Jenkins, and/orVagrant experience a plus).
• Experience with monitoring tools (Nagios experience a plus).
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team in an Agile environment.
• Comfortable with advanced software development concepts; software engineering experience is a plus.