• BA/B.Sc. degree in Statistics or other quantitative disciplines such as Engineering, Applied Mathematics
• M.Sc. or PhD in Statistics or other quantitative disciplines such as Engineering, Applied Mathematics, etc. – Advantage
• At least 5 years of relevant experience.
• Experience with large data sets using statistical software and large databases
• Machine Learning, Operations Research, Online advertising, Languages such as Python and Java. Experience with Hadoop, Hive and other big data technologies.
• Natural Language Processing (preprocessing, term-document matrix representation, named entity recognition, POS taggers/parsers)
• Familiarity working with image data, OpenCV, and/or convolutional neural networks for machine learning
• Work experience with large data sets. Strong experimental design & analysis skills.
• Willingness to learn new techniques.
• High level English is a must.
• Ability to understand how a business and strategy works;
• Experience scraping unstructured data from the web
• Passion for data.
Important attributes: Self-management, Team player, Strong communication and troubleshooting skills, Ability to learn and adjust.