The data scientist will be responsible for designing and presenting reports for complex large-scale data sets used for trading.
The position will work closely with traders and trade strategists within the hedge fund and external vendors who provide outsourced data mining.
• Create software required for accessing and handling the data; work with data miners to do the same.
• Design and implement quality control on the data.
• Perform statistical analysis on the data to uncover patterns and signals for trading.
• Prepare and communicate regular reports and associated analysis on multiple projects.
• Example data set: potential of a run on banks: e.g. late payments, non-payments, ATM queues, closed branches, withdrawal fee increases, etc.
Requirements - Essential
• A minimum first degree in applied engineering, applied math, computer science, statistics, accounting, finance, or economics, with significant statistics component.
• Second degree