We are looking for a Data Manager to join our Data Science team and operate the use of data systems. You will discover efficient ways to organize, visualize and manipulate data with great attention to details and responsibility.
A great data manager must fully grasp the complexity of data management and thrive on the opportunity to review and compound data. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of databases and data manipulation procedures. You will also be tech-savvy and possess excellent troubleshooting skills. The goal is to ensure that information flows timely and securely to and from the organization as well as within.
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to regulatory and company standards
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Maintain our databases and conduct routine maintenance as needed to ensure data integrity
- Generate and review documentation for all database changes or refinements
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, ETL, data integration, analysis, distribution etc.)
- BSc/BA in computer science, information system engineer or relevant field
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix configuration, SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB) databases – advantage
- Familiarity with BI systems – Tableau – advantage
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills