We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and No-SQL ‘big data’ technologies
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
• Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and regions
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
• Advanced working MySQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
• Experience with cloud services: Google Cloud & AWS
• Experience with big data tools, like: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Elastic products, etc.
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools, like: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages