● Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases,
query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
● Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
● Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes
to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
● Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
● Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency
and workload management.
● Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big
data’ data stores.
● Strong project management and organizational skills.
● Experience supporting and working with external customers in a dynamic environment.
● 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Bachelor (Graduate
preferred) degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Informatics, Information Systems
or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following
o Experience with big data tools: Spark, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Kafka, Kinesis etc.
o Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as MySQL or Postgres
and DynamoDB or Cassandra.
o Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, EMR, Redshift etc.
o Experience with functional and scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala,