- Work closely with Engineering to influence technical design decisions to meet technical capabilities, cost, and business objectives.
- Align the commodity strategy to the company's objectives for sustaining production, new product introduction (NPI), and R&D activities. Ensures the company has the right product at the right place and on-time with a secured and qualified supply base.
- Develop a commodity technology roadmap, aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities.
- Responsible for AVL (Approved Vendors List) for commodity, supplier selection and qualification.
- Maintain supplier scorecard and evaluation.
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology.
- Interface with cross functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements.
- Responsible for quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that define, among other things, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives.
- Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development, cost and quality improvements.
- Maintain personal knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures and technical improvements.
- Periodic travel to supplier’s manufacturing sites mainly in Europe and Asia.
- Support annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field. + years’ experience in high volume competitive sourcing environment. Direct experience in supplier / supply chain management. Supply chain experience managing cross functional teams in automotive or consumer electronics. Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools. Experience in Automotive and / or cellular telecommunications technical as well as market requirements Experience with Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma methodologies. Highly proficient with SAP or similar ERP environment.
Strong leadership skills and ability to assume leadership role with cross-functional peers. Seasoned negotiator. Excellent written and verbal communications skills (Fluent in English; is a must). Ability to solve problems and coordinate with cross-functional teams. Ability to be innovative on issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance. Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection).