● Develo the core bioinformatic infrastructure and product.
● Collaborate closely with our computational biology researchers team, most of whom have extensive domain knowledge (PhD’s), and bring their innovative ideas to life, at scale.
● Join our engineering culture, learn and contribute to others.
● BSc or MSc in CS / Math - a must.
● Fluency in Java and Scala.
● 7 years of hands-on experience in software development.
● Strong algorithmic capabilities.
● An understanding of OOP fundamentals, FP paradigms, principles of clean-code, and general craftsmanship in developing software.
● Thorough understanding of testing methodologies and tools.
● Experience solving issues around scalability and performance.
● Experience with distributed computation (Apache Spark or other) - an advantage.
● Solid understanding of the runtime environments we use - the JVM and Linux.
● Experience with modern development tooling: git, provisioning tools (Ansible, Terraform), monitoring and visualization, cloud computing services, basic networking, CI/CD pipelines, Docker containers and orchestrators.
● Experience working both in legacy and in greenfield projects.
● Some background in biology - an advantage.
● The ability to work under varying degrees of uncertainty, to ask important questions, to prototype quickly, to create tight feedback loops, and to build high-quality, maintainable, and safe products.